Volunteer Agreement and Consent Form
I am volunteering to help the Peninsula SPCA. I acknowledge and I understand that my volunteer work could include handling or being near animals. I understand that this volunteer work could involve certain dangers and risks, including the risk of physical injury, serious bodily harm and potentially a scratch or bite while handling the animals. I understand that this is illustrative of the types of risks involved in participating with the Peninsula SPCA, but is not a complete list of possible risks.
I understand that, as an agency that houses homeless animals, the Peninsula SPCA may not have any particular animal's medical or behavioral history. I hereby knowingly and voluntarily assume the risk of any physical injury, serious bodily harm, or property damage that may result from my volunteering, including those caused by any animal or by any Peninsula SPCA property, equipment, vehicle, or facility.
I understand that the Peninsula SPCA strongly recommends that I have current tetanus vaccinatations and, if I have a suppressed immune system or other medical condition that I consult with a doctor before volunteering. I further understand that I am responsible for protecting my valuables and other belongings while volunteering. The Peninsula SPCA is not responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of any such items.
If consideration of this opportunity to volunteer at the Peninsula SPCA, I agree to the following terms and conditions, intending to be legally bound by them:
1. I will abide with the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of the Peninsula SPCA as well as the terms of this Volunteer Agreement and Consent Form.
2. If I stop being a volunteer of my own will, or upon request by the Peninsula SPCA at any time, I will promptly return all supplies, equipment, records, animals, and other items in good, clean condition.
3. I, as well as all my heirs, administrators, and executors, hereby waive any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, causes or action, or judgments, known and unknown, that I may have or will have in the future against the Peninsula SPCA or any of their respective officials, administrators, employees, representatives, or agents (as well as against any of those individuals' heirs, successors, and assigns) for any losses, costs, liabilities, injuries, bodily harm, or property damages that arise from or that are connected in any way with my volunteering with the Peninsula SPCA, including those caused by any animal or by any property, equipment, vehicle, or facility.
4. I understand that the Peninsula SPCA may refuse any volunteer application or bar any volunteer from further volunteering at any time and for any or no reason.
5. I understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering at the Peninsula SPCA. I hereby grant permission to the Peninsula SPCA, and its officers, employees, agents, and representatives to photograph my image, likeness, or depiction and/or that of my minor children (if applicable). I hereby grant permission to the Peninsula SPCA to edit, crop, or retouch such photographs, and waive any right to inspect the final photographs. I hereby consent to and permit photographs of me and/or those of my minor children to be used by the Peninsula SPCA for any purpose, including educational and advertisement purposes, and in any medium, including print and electronic. I understand that the Peninsula SPCA may use such photographs with or without associating names thereto. I further waive any claim for compensation of any kind for the Shelter's use or publication of photographs of me and/or those of my minor children (if applicable).
6. By signing my name below, I understand that I am to complete 4 hours of volunteer work PER MONTH.
7. I have accurately and truthfully completed my application, this Volunteer Agreement and Consent Form, and other forms and paperwork provided by the Peninsula SPCA. I understand that I must have at least one parent or guardian present with me at all times if I am less than 16 years of age.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and voluntarily signed this Volunteer Agreement and Consent Form in exchange for being allowed to volunteer at the Peninsula SPCA. If I am the parent or guardian of a volunteer, I acknowledge that I have read and voluntarily signed this Volunteer Agreement and Consent Form on behalf of myself and the volunteer in exchange for being allowed to volunteer at the Peninsula SPCA.